Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Once Upon A TwistOnce Upon A Twist
by :
Aimée Duffy and  Michelle Smart

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Summary: 

When the sun goes down, guess what's coming out to play... ?

Once upon a time in a land far, far away, the creatures are coming...

In a land run by misogynists, where fair maidens are deemed liable to fall in a dead faint at the sight of blood, Prince Charming is worried – the creatures that have destroyed their neighboring kingdoms are coming for them. He judges it imperative to get all the females to safety, but first he needs to break the enchantment enslaving his One True Love to her hateful home. Oh, and there’s the small matter of the Ball to get through too.

But when the creatures reach them ahead of their expected time, all plans are foregone. Can Ella break her wicked stepmother’s enchantment? Can she save her handsome Prince and the kingdom before midnight strikes? And can she show his soldiers what it really means to kick a monster’s butt? The clock is ticking…


Many, many years later…

When Ruby visits her grandmother in the deep, dark forest, she stumbles into a nightmare. Her grandma’s been attacked by a wolf-like creature, and an ancient disease that turned people into monsters is back… and so is the cold-hearted ex she walked out on a year ago. 

Now she has to either accept Jeremy’s help or face becoming a monster herself. Fighting alongside the man she once loved isn’t easy, especially when she discovers there’s more to Jeremy than the cheating bastard she took him for. 

As they fight to survive the disease and save those they love, can they keep from falling for each other all over again?


I grew up loving and adoring Disney Princesses stories...
and I think my love for reading started with fairy tale books which resulted my love for HEA stories up to now..so imagine my delight when I was given the chance to read Once Upon A Twist, Kick-ass Cinderella and Red Riding Hood version? count me in!

_________________________________


When the first story which is the Glass Slippers and Combat Boots started with "Once upon a time in a land far, far away, the creatures are coming..." I knew right then that I am going to enjoy reading it..and I wasn't disappointed.

Our heroine, new and improve Cinderella is definitely not a martyr, nope..she was force to servitude only because her Stepmother placed her under an enchantment that prevents her from leaving. I loved this version of Cinderella, she's a fighter and refuse to be treated as a weak girl. And the Prince Charming is a handsome, charming, witty and fierce warrior hottie guy..I loved that we actually get to know him better in this version and see him fight..he is more than a pretty face here..I am seriously crushing on him!

Overall, I can say that I am loving this version of Cinderella, we got to know more of Cinderella and the Prince ..and lets not forget the Queen! I liked her... plus I loved that some other fairy tale characters were mention here..like Goldilocks and the bears... sleeping beauty..it brings back this good old feeling of knowing this characters..we grew up loving this characters and it's nice to be reminded of this characters again.

________________________________



In Reunited with Red, we meet a hotter and sexier version of the woodcutter...yum! lols and uhm ofcourse Red Riding Hood's older version, she's all grown up here..and she's hurt and mad.

The story started just like the children's version..Red's visiting her sick grandmother and then finding a wolf..that's where the similarities ended and story takes a darker twist.

I love the chemistry between Red and Jeremy here, enjoying that Red hated herself for finding Jeremy attractive even after all the years she spent hating him..well, no one's blaming her. I loved that Jeremy's all protective with Red and that even though he tries hard to stay away from her..he's feeling eventually won..and we get to witness their hot and sweaty reunion lol.

I enjoyed reading both stories..it brings back the good old memories of being just a little girl and finding happiness with fairy tale stories..I'm glad we get to have this adult version story of Cinderella and Red Riding Hood. I'm giving this 4 awesome stars.

This review can also be found at Talking Sushi Monster blog: http://tinyurl.com/l3av8h6

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment