Monday, July 21, 2014

Book Review: Captivate by Vanessa Garden

Captivate (Submerged Sun, #1)Captivate by Vanessa Garden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


In a glittering underwater world, nothing is as it seems...

For the past twelve months since her parents’ death, seventeen-year-old Miranda Sun has harboured a dark secret — a secret that has strained the close relationship she once shared with her older sister, Lauren. In an effort to repair this broken bond, Miranda’s grandparents whisk the siblings away on a secluded beach holiday. Except before Miranda gets a chance to confess her life-changing secret, she’s dragged underwater by a mysterious stranger while taking a midnight swim.

Awakening days later, Miranda discovers that she’s being held captive in a glittering underwater city by an arrogant young man named Marko...the King of this underwater civilisation.

Nineteen-year-old Marko intends to marry Miranda in order to keep his crown from falling into the sinister clutches of his half-brother, Damir. There’s only one problem. Miranda is desperate to return home to right things with her sister and she wants nothing to do with Marko. Trying to secure her freedom, Miranda quickly forms an alliance with Robbie — Marko’s personal guard. However, she soon discovers that even underwater, people are hiding dangerous secrets..



 Review:


This is a fast and enjoyable read for me, since I've read this a couple of days ago when there is no internet because of the recent storm in our place I wasn't able to re-read the summary and so I've read this without a clue what this book is all about...and that is seriously refreshing.

I loved the plot, the world building, and the main characters. I was seriously scared that I might fall for the wrong guy (or Miranda will fall for the wrong guy) because to my dismay there's a semi love triangle, I hate love triangles! but thank goodness.. Miranda and I both fell for the same guy lols.


The story started with Miranda being held captive in an unknown place and later discovering her purpose is to wed the king and breed the next heir! Imagine that...that's cray cray but that's just only the beginning.


All in all I loved this. A hidden underwater city. A handsome king. Dangerous Secrets. I am captivated! only to discover that this is not a stand-alone! I'm dying to read the next book.


***received a copy via netgalley.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment